This is an analysis of the poem April Dusk that begins with:
It is tragic to be a poet now...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa bcbX bdXdd eXec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101 0010000101 11010 1000100101 11111011 01011011 111111011100 111110101110 01001101 0011101001 111010111 1001111001 110110000111 110001010101 110110101010 1111100101 01110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of April Dusk;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.