This is an analysis of the poem To The Man After The Harrow that begins with:
Now leave the check-reins slack,
The seed is flying far today -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cacX XbXb dede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110111 01010101 01110101 01000101 01010101 01000101 11110001 01010101 01011101 01110111 11000110 01110101 01010101 01110101 111101101 01110001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Man After The Harrow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.