This is an analysis of the poem Sa Bábasa that begins with:
Kaibigan ka man ó di kapanalig,
kasuyo ó hindi, kaaway ó kabig,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001111000 100101010 11100101100 101110110100 1110001000 110101101 1001111010 1100111100 1110011100 11001010000 1111011110 1101010100 101101110100 101010100100 1011101110 1101001110 110001100 1010101010 110101110 1101010100 101101100110 110010100110 11000111100 1101111000 101100111000 100111100 100100100100 101001110100 101101110 11011011010 10110010001 11011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1177
- Average number of words per stanza: 233
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; n, ng, ang, kung, ay are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word na is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines n is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sa Bábasa;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.