This is an analysis of the poem From Spring Days To Winter (For Music) that begins with:
In the glad springtime when leaves were green,
O merrily the throstle sings!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaaB cBccB dBXdB ebeebaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 001111101 1100011 11010101 11111101 10111101 01010111 1100011 11110011 10110001 10111101 010101110 1100011 11111111 110110010 10111101 11010101 1101011 11011101 11010111 010101 11111111 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word wings at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of From Spring Days To Winter (For Music);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.