This is an analysis of the poem On The Death Of The Right Hounourable --- that begins with:
YE Muses, pour the pitying tear
For Pollio snatch'd away;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX cacX aXaX dbdX eceX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110101001 1100101 11110101 111101 10110111 0100101 100111001 10011100 11011101 110101 1010011101 111101 01000101 111101 11010101 110110 11110101 010001 11111111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Death Of The Right Hounourable ---;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Oliver Goldsmith
- Analysis of Epilogue To 'The Sister'
- Analysis of From 'she Stoops To Conquer' A Song
- Analysis of An Elegy On The Glory Of Her Sex, Mrs Mary Blaize