This is an analysis of the poem An Elegy On The Glory Of Her Sex, Mrs Mary Blaize that begins with:
Good people all, with one accord
Lament for Madam Blaize,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca bdbd ebeb fcfc agag chch
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 011101 11010001 011101 01010101 111101 11010101 110101 11010001 0101010 11010101 0111110 11011101 010101 110100001 111101 01111110 110111 01011100 111101 110111001 0101111 01011111 0101010 11010101 111111 111101001 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of An Elegy On The Glory Of Her Sex, Mrs Mary Blaize;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.