This is an analysis of the poem Description Of An Author's Bedchamber that begins with:
WHERE the Red Lion flaring o'er the way,
Invites each passing stranger that can pay;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccaaddeeffggddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 10110101001 0111010111 1101110101 1001110101 1001010101 0111010101 0101010101 1101010111 0101110101 0101010101 0101011101 1011010101 0101010101 1111010111 01111101010 01011100010 0111010111 1111010101 0101010101 0111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 911
- Average number of words per stanza: 162
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Description Of An Author's Bedchamber;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.