This is an analysis of the poem So Does Everybody Else, Only Not So Much that begins with:
O all ye exorcizers come and exorcize now, and ye clergymen draw nigh and clerge, For I wish to be purged of an urge. It is an irksome urge,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100011100111101111111100101100110101001011100101111000100111010000101101011110010011010111010001001110101010011010101101001010111010111001111010010010110001111110011101111011001101011101011101110001011110100100110110111001111001010011000100110100100010010010110011100101001100110101001101000101001101101111101011010110010101111101001100101100101011011101101111111100100101011110101010100110110110110011110111000111001101100101111111101111001111010111110011110101010010101110101101000100011110101110101100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1909
- Average number of words per stanza: 346
- Amount of lines: 1
- Average number of symbols per line: 1909 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 346
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of So Does Everybody Else, Only Not So Much;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ogden Nash
- Analysis of Good-By Now Or Pardon My Gauntlet
- Analysis of My Dream
- Analysis of Just Keep Quiet And Nobody Will Notice