This is an analysis of the poem Good-By Now Or Pardon My Gauntlet that begins with:
Bring down the moon for genteel Janet;
She's too refined for this gross planet....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcccXXXXXccddeeXXXcff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110110 110110110 11101111 111011001 1110011111 111001101 01010111 1111110 0101101010 1101111010 111101010 11011101 01011101 11011111 0111101010 100101010 01110101 11101111 011111101 010100100 0010101110 110111010 1110101011 1010111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 926
- Average number of words per stanza: 172
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and, you are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines room is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Good-By Now Or Pardon My Gauntlet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ogden Nash
- Analysis of My Dream
- Analysis of Just Keep Quiet And Nobody Will Notice
- Analysis of Winter Complaint