This is an analysis of the poem Goody For Our Side And Your Side Too that begins with:
Foreigners are people somewhere else,
Natives are people at home;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccbXcbbc XaddaeXffd eghhgdgggg gXgXdigXiXgchhccici
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,19,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100110111 1011011 00111 01101 10100101 101010101 111001 101111 11101 00111111 11101000101 11010011 0111 10101 11001010 01000101 01001110 1101 10100 10111110 10100100101 01010010 1010010 1010 01010010 1100101001 01000010 101010 10110 101011100 11010101 01001010 11101011101 1010001010 011011101 111100100 101001 1000 11110100 1111010101 1101110 10111 00111 0100100 110101101 001010100 11001001101 10100110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; when, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Goody For Our Side And Your Side Too;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ogden Nash
- Analysis of Oh To Be Odd!
- Analysis of To A Small Boy Standing On My Shoes While I Am Wearing Them
- Analysis of The People Upstairs