This is an analysis of the poem Union that begins with:
The moon climbs graciously the evening heavens,
And there affectionately rests her beauty....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX Xa baXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110001010 11010001010 01010100011 01010001010 1110010010 01011101110 1111101110 1100101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 83
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Union;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.