This is an analysis of the poem Theater that begins with:
All of us - righteous and sinners,
Born in prison, raised at the altar,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaB cdcd efef XgXg fXfg aacc bhXhXcbcB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110110 101011010 10111010 0010000010 011101 1001001 10101001 1011011 1110110 0010010 10010010 10010010 10110010 1110010 10010110 10010010 11010010 10110010 1001010 10011010 11010010 0010010 10010010 00110110 1011010 10010110 111001 11010010 10110010 11011010 1001001010 0010000010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Theater;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.