This is an analysis of the poem Hørt Det Har Jeg, Han Opstod that begins with:
Hørt det har jeg, Han opstod,
Graven ei min Frelser giemmer,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 10111010 111111 10111100 1110111 1011111 1010111 11001110 1000101 101111 1110100 101110 111111 111101 1001101 11001 110111 1111010 1011101 10111111 110110 110111 1111000 10101100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ei is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word aande is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines lge is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hørt Det Har Jeg, Han Opstod;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.