This is an analysis of the poem Høst-Sang that begins with:
Nu falmer Skoven trindt om Land,
Og Fuglestemmen daler;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX XXXa bcXc XXaX dXdX XXXX aXXc bXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111 1100010 11010101 11110 1101111 111101 11111101 11001 1111111 1111110 11001101 110110 1111111 1101110 11011111 1111010 111111 1111110 1111111 1101110 1101111 111101 11010101 110111 11101101 1100100 11010111 1100110 111111 11111 11101010 110111 110111 111111 1110101 11011 11110111 1111 1111110 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words der, for are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Høst-Sang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Høvedsmanden I Kapernaum
- Analysis of Hyrderne Ved Bethlehem
- Analysis of Høit Udi Gudernes Hvælvede Sal