This is an analysis of the poem Pilgrimage that begins with:
Here, the Mississippi carved its mud-dark path,
a graveyard for skeletons of sunken riverboats....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaabaccdXbbeccXbfXcbacbggbgfXbghdhgeh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 37,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010111 0111100010101 1010101 10010010111 01000100101 1101010101 11010101010101 1011101110 10100101 111111010101 11111101 010010100010 100101 11101000101 100100100 1010001010101 0010110001 10001100010 1010001 1011110 0011110110110 1010001110101101 10010110111 011011110111 10111001010 110110110 1010110 10100010 10010101 0010111 0101000111 011101 01010101 0101011 01010011 011110 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1488
- Average number of words per stanza: 254
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pilgrimage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.