This is an analysis of the poem History Lesson that begins with:
I am four in this photograph, standing
on a wide strip of Mississippi beach, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdcbedfXfcXeacc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110010110 1011010101 1110101 0010101110 10111011 0100101001 101101111 101111101 0111110101 00100101101 0011010110 0100101 10010101 11110101 0111010 0110101 0010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 633
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of History Lesson;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.