This is an analysis of the poem White Magic that begins with:
Is it not a wonderful thing to be able to force an astonished plant to bear rare flowers which are foreign to it. . . and to obtain a marvelous...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abacdeedeeebbcec ddfgfgchch dibdbdb ccjcjcfefeddiX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,10,7,14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001010010010011010101110111000100101000101110011101100011010 110111 1101111011 101111 1101011101 0101110001 101101 1101001 010010010111 1011101 110011 0111010111 111100 001101 1011110111 0101110101 1111110101 1101011101 011101 011101 1100011111 111101 0111101101 1111011111 110101 1101111011 101111101 1011111001 101100 1100110011 11011011101 111101 0101110001 1111110101 111111 1101111 0111011111 111011 11010100101 111001 0111111101 11010010111 11111 011111 1101110111 0101010101 11010101000 01100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 394
- Average number of words per stanza: 75
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, this, me, i, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of White Magic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.