This is an analysis of the poem The Fools that begins with:
BELOW, the street was hoarse with cries,
With groan of carts and scuffling feet, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbc deded bfbfb bdbdb bebeb gcgag eaece eXXXe XXXX hiXih
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,5,5,5,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01011101 010111001 01011100 11011101 01111111 01010111 01110111 11110101 110111001 110101 01010101 11011001 110111001 011100101 110111 110010111 01010101 11011100 001101001 010101 11110100 11011101 11011101 100101011 1000101 11110011 01110001 110011101 10111100 010111 11101101 11010100 11111101 11111111 111101 11110101 01100111 11101011100 1110111010 1101001 01011011100 01011011100 01011001 101111000 11111001 11010011 11110110 11111111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, and, your, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, and, the, they are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fools;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.