This is an analysis of the poem My Brother that begins with:
Brother, if on the heels of war Western man celebrates his deeds,
Consecrates the memory of the fallen and builds monuments for heroes,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabcaaX bXXaXXb XcbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,7,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001010110110101 10000100001011100110 11101101010110110101001 10111110101011 100100101011 1101010000101 111110111 10101101111011 100010010101 110111010111011 1100111 10111110011010 1010010101110 11011011111 0110100111111101010111 110111010101110 11111101 011111001001 10111011010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 370
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; for, of, our are repeated.
The author used the same word brother at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines friends is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Brother;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.