This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Leaves that begins with:
O deligh of the eyes!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccdddebaXdcfacdXddfgfgXbbbXgHbXcXiideXH
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 41,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 110001 111001 11001 110001 010010 11000101 11000101 11101 1010 011010110 010111 11101 0101 10110 010101 110111 010000101 010101 0010101 01101001 011111 111110 111100 11110110 101010 100100 1100010 11110111 101011111 110010001 01010110 011010 1100101 11010011110 1110110 111110 1111 01011010 01001001 110010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1111
- Average number of words per stanza: 204
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Leaves;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mikha'il Na'ima
- Analysis of Peace Of Mind
- Analysis of The Struggle
- Analysis of This Is The Way To Freedom From Care And Pain