This is an analysis of the poem The Lovers that begins with:
will drink wine night and day....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010 011111 1010111 1010101011 101010011100 101 10111111001 010 10111010101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 278
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lovers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Analysis of Defeated By Love
- Analysis of Not Intrigued With Evening
- Analysis of Last Night You Left Me And Slept