This is an analysis of the poem Defeated By Love that begins with:
The sky was lit
by the splendor of the moon...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111 1010001 1100 11001 11 1111 1110001 0101 1010 001000 0110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 17 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Defeated By Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Analysis of Not Intrigued With Evening
- Analysis of Last Night You Left Me And Slept
- Analysis of Love Is Reckless