This is an analysis of the poem Confused And Distraught that begins with:
Again I am raging,
I am in such a state by your soul that every...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXa XbaXcaXXA XcAbca caXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,9,6,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011110 1101011111100 11111111 111101011010111 111101111111 11001101110011 11011111 111111 11010 00101001010001 10101101101111 1111101110 1101000100001 111 110110111010101 1111101001011 111 1111010101101 1110111 1111111111 1000110110101111001 01001100111 101011100 110001100 101011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 266
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, by, your, like, all, soul, in, that, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word soul at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confused And Distraught;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.