This is an analysis of the poem Landing On The Moon that begins with:
When in the mask of night there shone that cut,
we were riddled. A probe reached down...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcbd aeeffa gggggb ahabcg dbhfXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001011111 10100111 111101 100100101010 1010010001 10100111 101111101 010101 1101111001 1101010100 0101011011 101010010101 111010011 010101 0110011 10011111 01110001011 10111 1011111 111101111 0100100111101 11111111 11110111010 0110101110111 100011110 11010111010 1101010001 111010011 01011111001 0101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 235
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, it, and, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, who are repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Landing On The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.