This is an analysis of the poem Feel Me that begins with:
“Feel me to do right,” our father said on his deathbed.
We did not quite know—in fact, not at all—what he meant. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbbeXfade bbgcbbbh hiXahdiXbfegb Xdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,8,13,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101111011011 1011101111111 0110111101001 111011100111 01100111111101 1110011101100 11111101101111 11110101101000100 110111110110 1101011111001 1110101011011 011001 1101011110101 01010111111011 01110101111001 1101111011111 111111001111101 111110101111101 1011110101 11010011100 110111010101011 11101110111 010100011111 0101111110111 111101011001 0100111011111 11101111 010110100110 101101010101 1010101011110 1111111110110 1011111111 110101 11011111110 0110111011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 459
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, he, we, i, and, what are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word right at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Feel Me;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.