This is an analysis of the poem Your Book that begins with:
Strangers came into the apartment
walked right to the bookshelf...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abX bc dc aXca adcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,2,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101000010 110011 011111 11101100101 010011001 110101001 00011011 110101 11111001 11111 01110 010011001011 011001101 011001 01011101000
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Your Book;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Matthew Rohrer
- Analysis of Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
- Analysis of There Is Absolutely Nothing Lonelier
- Analysis of Credo