This is an analysis of the poem Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence that begins with:
I'm writing upside down with the space pen,
listening to the rain....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbXcXXbdc dXdXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110011 100001 1101001011 100111111 101110 1110101 011111010 01111110100 101111 0101001001 01011100101 01010110 00111 11101001 10110010111 11110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 275
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.