This is an analysis of the poem In A Lonesome Burial-Place that begins with:
In a lonesome burial-place
Crouched a mourner white of face; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbX ccdaaD eedffD ffdggd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00101001 1010101 101100 10010111 10101001 110100 1010101 1011101 011110 11001001 1010001 11010 1011101 1011101 1001110 0010111 1011101 11010 1111101 1110101 101110 0010001 11100101 111010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In A Lonesome Burial-Place;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.