This is an analysis of the poem Seeking that begins with:
In many a shape and fleeting apparition,
Sublime in age or with clear morning eyes, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gcgcXeaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010011101010 0101101101 10111100010 11001 10111101010 1101010111 111101001010 11001 10111101010 1110110101 10111111010 0111 10111111010 1101011111 11010101010 0101 10111100010 11010110101 11110100010 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 148
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seeking;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.