This is an analysis of the poem Apple-Blossom that begins with:
Blossom of the apple trees!
Mossy trunks all gnarled and hoary, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXa cbbcc caabc dXXdd effee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000101 10111110 111011010 1010111 1001101 1111101 10111010 11100010 100101001 1110111 11100111 10101110 11000010 0110010 0010101 1010101 11100010 10101110 10010111 1010101 1111101 101010010 100101110 1001101 1110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apple-Blossom;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.