This is an analysis of the poem Brown Eyes that begins with:
Oh, brown Eyes with long black lashes,
Young brown Eyes, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaaA XaXaA babaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11101110 111 10101110 1010101 10011 011010010 101 10101010 1110101 10011 11101010 101 10111010 10111 01111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Brown Eyes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.