This is an analysis of the poem Farewell To The God Of Plague that begins with:
So many green streams and blue hills, but to what avail ?
This tiny creature left even Hua To powerless! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXbXXX XXaXbXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101111110101 01010110100100 10010010111001 1001010110100 100111101010101 01001110100101001 101111000101 1011110101 001110101111 11010001110111 1011011010 1101010111 1010110110101 10110101101010 11010111111 1010011101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 431
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 53 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Farewell To The God Of Plague;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Mao Zedong
- Analysis of Reply To Comrade Kuo Mo-Jo
- Analysis of Kunlun
- Analysis of Militia Women Inscription On A Photograph