This is an analysis of the poem The Little Boy, The Wind, And The Rain that begins with:
Sometimes, when I'm gone to-bed,
And it's all dark in the room,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXXcdcdceceX X bfbffbfgfgheheX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,1,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110101 1011001 1111101 1010101 1110111 100101100 1110111 1010111 1111101 1110101 11101010 1111101 11101110 0010001 1111101 1 0110101 1010101 1010101 1001101 1011101 1010101 11111011 1110111 1110101 1001001 11101010 1111101 10101110 1010101 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 321
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Little Boy, The Wind, And The Rain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.