This is an analysis of the poem The Love Of Loves that begins with:
I Have not seen her face, and yet
She is more sweet than any thing... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab caca dede fdfd ghghXgfgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 10111101 01111100 11011101 01111101 11010101 10010100 11 11110111 10111101 11011111 01010101 01111100 11011100 10010100 11 10111101 01111101 11011010 11111111 01111111 01010100 11111101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Love Of Loves;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.