This is an analysis of the poem The Dance Of Summer that begins with:
Summer, gowned in catnip-gray,
Goes her weedy wildwood way,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaccddceeffeggfXghhXghhhiihccXgccccccffccf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 45,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100101 1010111 10100101 10010101 0010111 1010101 10001001 0010101 10001001 1110101 1000111 1110100 1010111 1010101 1110101 1010101 1011101 1011101 1010111 1110101 1110101 1010001 0011100 1011101 1011101 101111 1011101 11101110 10111010 1011111 1010101 10100101 1010100 10101001 1111101 1010101 10100101 1110101 1011101 0011101 1010111 1010011 0011101 1111101 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1430
- Average number of words per stanza: 256
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dance Of Summer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.