This is an analysis of the poem The Dead Dream that begins with:
Between the darkness and the day
As, lost in doubt, I went my way,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffeeccgghhiijjgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 11011111 11011111 01110001 01010111 11011101 01011001 11010110 01110111 10010001 100101010 0100011010 11010111 01111111 11010111 10010101 01111101 11010111 10010100 010010100 10110111 01110001 11011101 11010101 11010101 11110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 884
- Average number of words per stanza: 183
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dead Dream;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.