This is an analysis of the poem The Cup Of Comus that begins with:
THE Nights of song and story,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XababbcdcddXbabbefeffghghhchchhXdbddXiXiijbjbbXeXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 51,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 0101110 010111 1111110 110101 011101 0101010 110111 0111010 101101 011101 1111110 110111 1101010 110101 110101 1101110 010111 1001010 011101 110101 1101010 010101 1110010 110101 010111 1011010 111101 1111010 010111 010101 110111 010101 1001010 111001 010111 11111100 011101 1111100 1100101 110101 0101110 100101 1111010 1010111 110101 0101010 100101 0101010 111111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1449
- Average number of words per stanza: 265
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words whose, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cup Of Comus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.