This is an analysis of the poem The Dead Oread that begins with:
Her heart is still and leaps no more
With holy passion when the breeze,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedeXd dfdfee dXdbbb gfgfdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111 01010101 01011101 10010001 11010101 11010100 01111111 11010101 11011111 01110001 110010100 10011101 00010101 11011100 11011111 11010101 1100111 111111011 01011111 110111000 01011111 11010101 110000111 10010001 01010101 01010111 01010111 01110111 11010101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word as is repeated.
The author used the same word her at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Dead Oread;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.