This is an analysis of the poem Romance that begins with:
Thus have I pictured her:-In Arden old
A white-browed maiden with a falcon eye,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gggg chch igig dddd fjfj hdhd jkjk Xcdc dadaXdddd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111000101 0111000101 1101010111 100101 1101110001 0101100111 10101010101 011101 1010011110 1101010011 111001001010 100101 1101000101 1001010111 1011010101 110111 1111001111 0011011101 1101010101 100101 0101010100 0101000101 10011110100 110101 11010111010 1111110101 11011101110 111101 01110101001 0111111101 01010010101 000101 110001110101 01010101001 0101010101 011100 1101001100 01010010001 1110010101 001101 1101010101 1111000101 01000110001 101101 1101010001 0111011101 1011110111 110111 1111010101 0101110111 1111011111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 157
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word or at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Romance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.