This is an analysis of the poem Senorita that begins with:
An agate-black, your roguish eyes
Claim no proud lineage of the skies,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aaXc aaXX ccdd ddef aagg efXf hhaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 111100001 11011001 01010011 10110101 01010111 1100011000 11011001 11110111 11010001 100111010 10010101 11110101 01110101 01011101 10010101 011101001 010101001 10111100 11111111 101010101 110010111 10010100 0111001001 01001100 11111101 11010100 10010001 11011101 11111111 01110011 110010011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Senorita;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.