This is an analysis of the poem In Autumn that begins with:
Sunflowers wither and lilies die,
Poppies are pods of seeds;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acaacX X dddd aeaaeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,1,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110101101 101101 011110111 1100111 101000001 101111 11100111 101010111 111111 101010 1 101111011 101111 01111101 1110101 10110100 101111 11101001 1010100101 111111 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word weary is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Autumn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.