This is an analysis of the poem In Clay that begins with:
Here went a horse with heavy laboring stride
Along the woodland side;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXc ddaaee ffbbcc gg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101001 010111 1001010111 1011 1001010101 1101 1101110111 010111 0101010001 1001 11001010001 011111 0101000101 1101 1101110101 1111 1001001111 1001 1011010111 1111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Clay;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.