This is an analysis of the poem Garden Gossip that begins with:
Thin, chisel-fine a cricket chipped
The crystal silence into sound;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaab cacca dedde XXffX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 01010001 11010111 01100101 11010101 01010101 11000101 01010101 010111001 010110101 01011101 11000101 11011101 11010111 11111101 01001101 11110101 11011111 11111101 10111101 11100101 00110111 11010101 11010011 00010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, ' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Garden Gossip;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.