This is an analysis of the poem Haec Olim Meminisse that begins with:
FEBRILE perfumes as of faded roses
In the old house speak of love to-day,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcddeXeXXXXaaaafbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001101010 001110101 1111101110 101110101 1010101010 101111111 1110101110 110010101 1011111010 101000111 1110101000 101000111 1111101110 101000101 1011101110 111011101 1011101010 1001001111 0011111110 111011101 1011111010 101100101 1110001010 101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 984
- Average number of words per stanza: 178
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Haec Olim Meminisse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.