This is an analysis of the poem Evasion that begins with:
Why do I love you, who have never given
My heart encouragement or any cause?... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbb X aaaacc X Xdddee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11111111010 1101001101 00011101010 11111101001 0101010111 01010101 1 01111111010 0111010101 011101110110 0111111101 1111110101 01110111 1 11111111010 11011000101 1101010101 1101100101 1101010101 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Evasion;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.