This is an analysis of the poem Experience that begins with:
Three memories hold us ever
With longing and with pain;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbb cdcddd bebeee afaffX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001110 010101 11001110 010001 101101 010111 01101111 010101 1001011 010011 111111 111101 01011110 010101 1111110 110101 110101 110001 0111010 010111 0111110 110101 011101 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 170
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Experience;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.