This is an analysis of the poem Beetle And Moth that begins with:
There's a bug at night that goes
Drowsily down the garden ways;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbcBbBdedebbeeX X fgfgbhXhBbBiaiajjaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,1,20,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111 10010101 10000101 1010101 10100101 1010001 1010111 1010111 1111101 0111111 0011101 11101010 10101110 10011010 11100110 1010111 00101101 11111010 10101010 10111010 1 1011001 1110101 1011101 10100111 0110111 1011111 1010101 1010101 1111101 0110111 0011101 10111010 1010111 11001010 1010101 1010111 1111111 1011101 1011101 00101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 413
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word this is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beetle And Moth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.