This is an analysis of the poem Frogs At Night that begins with:
I heard the toads and frogs last night
When snug in bed, and all was still;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbabCX bXCXX bXcdcdCX XXCXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 11011111 11110101 01011101 11011101 1001 0001 01010101 10100111 1001 0001 1001 1101100111 0111010 11010101 11110111 11011101 10111101 1101 0101 1011010110 011111011 1101 0101 1101 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, 'the, ', word are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Frogs At Night;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.