This is an analysis of the poem Morgan Le Fay that begins with:
In dim samite was she bedight,
And on her hair a hoop of gold,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba acdc eXff fXgf Xhbh XXaX eiji fefe daca jgjg agag faga afifXaiai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01101110 11010101 111000111 11001 0111110110 01111101 11110101 1101 11010101 11010100 10111101 1101 11011101 11011111 11110111 1001 11110101 01111101 11010101 1111 11111110 01110111 11111011 1110 11111011 10111111 11111111 10111 01110101 01010101 01010111 0100 10011101 01010101 01000111 1011 11110110 11011101 11010101 1001 11100101 11011101 11110101 11001 10111101 11011101 10110111 1111 11111111 11100111 11011001 0111 11010111 01011111 11011111 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, me, come, and, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words with, and, 'oh are repeated.
The author used the same word then at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Morgan Le Fay;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.