This is an analysis of the poem Oh! Não Maldigam! that begins with:
Oh! não maldigam o mancebo exausto
Que nas orgias gastou o peito insano......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001010100 111010110100 11110010110 1011011000 1101011010 10111100100 1100100110110 10100111100 1001111100 11101010110000 11110110100 1100110011 111001010100 11110001110 11101100010 11000110110 111101011 110110010 11100100100 011101000 1101111010 110100011110 100010110110 10110001101 1110100011000 11000101100 1110111101 11011010000 10110010101110 1010101001010 101011000101 1001101100010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, e are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words que, e, se, vinha are repeated.
The author used the same word e at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh! Não Maldigam!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.